Hi Linda,

I answered this for you last time you asked. If you double-click with the text 
tool and nothing happens, you need to redraw the screen (shortcut is cmd-R on 
Mac). You will see the handle for the empty text box you just created -- 
double-click on the handle to edit. 

And please report this bug to MakeMusic!

Cheers,

- DJA
-----
WEB: http://www.secretsocietymusic.org



On 22 Sep 2012, at 4:13 PM, Linda Worsley <[email protected]> wrote:

> I am having a lot of trouble with text blocks (which I really, really need
> for a current project).
> 
> It only lets me enter them about half the time, and I cannot for the life
> of me figure out why.  Sometimes I double click on a place in the score
> (with text tool open) and it lets me enter it, move it around, and do
> everything I've always done with it.  Other times I click and nothing
> happens.  It still shows me the handles on the previously entered text
> blocks  I can open and edit them, move them around, etc., but it won't let
> me make a new one.  And then, in a different place, or after I've quit and
> reopened later, it lets me do it.  For awhile.  And then won't.
> 
> Is this a bug?  Or have I inadvertently checked something that makes this
> happen?
> 
> I do have the text blocks attached to measure. That;s crucial, since this
> project is in flux and the measures that need text can turn up anywhere.
> But it happens when I change to "attach to page" as well.
> 
> Help!
> 
> Linda
> _______________________________________________
> Finale mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to