This is a long shot, but I found that text blocks don't always work if my 
double-click is too fast. (I've programmed my right-click to be a double click 
and this works on everything except text blocks.) When I double click a slower 
way, then I can get access to the text block.

-Randolph Peters

On 2012-09-23, at 9:20 AM, Linda Worsley <[email protected]> wrote:

> Neal, the "redraw screen" is not do anything either.  I have restarted
> Finale, restarted the computer, Everything.
> 
> Maybe using the expressions tool IS the best way for this, since text block
> seems to be disabled.  Trouble is, it's only disabled part of the time.
> Using the measure attached text blocks is WAY easier, since it's just point
> and type right where you want them, and no fussing around with open the
> tool, type the text, two separate clicks to say OK, and then select, and
> then move it around.  And typing the text into those tiny little boxes
> makes it difficult for me since my vision is not that great these days.
> It's NOt the way I want to do it, and the old method is theoretically
> available to use (the text tool is there, the pull down says I can attach
> to measure, and none of it works.)
> 
> Also I really don't think the screen is redrawing.    None of the commands
> for "redraw screen" (including doing it from the tool bar) do anything at
> all.  In the past, when the "redraw screen" happened, you could actually
> see the screen redraw.
> 
> I'm using latest mac Air and Mountain Lion OS (10.8.1).  Recently upgraded
> from my macPro (10.4) and Finale 2010. New Finale seems fine in spite of
> renaming and repositioning some of the tools and procedures. I can deal
> with changes, But this problem never occurred with my old setup and
> software.  Grrrrrr.
> 
> 
> How do I complain to Make Music?
> 
> And thanks for your suggestions.  I'm glad it works for you, but it's
> hangin' me up!
> 
> Thanks for your efforts to help.  Much appreciated.
> 
> Linda
> _______________________________________________
> Finale mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to