I was told on Flexcoders that using @string instead of
attribute("string") can be problematic because an error will result if
the attribute is missing in the node of the XML.  Using attribute()
won't throw any errors if the attribute is missing in the XML node, and
in most cases (depending on what you're doing) is prefereable to @.

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Enterprise Technology & Global Risk L&LD
Instructional Technology & Media

Join the Bank of America Flash Platform Developer Community

Are you a Bank of America associate interested in innovative learning
ideas and technologies?
Check out our internal  GT&O Innovative Learning Blog & subscribe.

>>> re["test"](attribute("title"))); testXML.topics.topic.(
>>> re["test"](attribute("title"))); testXML.topics.topic.(
>>> re["test"](@title)); testXML.topics.topic.((re as
>>> RegExp).test(@title));
>>>
>>> The result:
>>>
>>> 1114ms