Unfortunately the problem is pixels themselves. With higher res screens the
desire for clean imagery is greater. So with pixels, they have to be set at
there largest size at 72 DPI. So this means with zoomed material you have to
have multiple images set at their largest size per device otherwise zooming
gets pixelated (dividing one pixel into two). Thus to achieve a clean image,
your one pixel increases exponentially in file size. With vector, it's a little
more math to describe 1 size that then is scaleable. Now you can go the route
of one middle sized image and allow some pixelation on larger screens and over
processing on some smaller screens. But to truly get the cleanest fastest pixel
based image on all devices and screen you have to have I'd say at least 3-5
different files. Each a different size. Seems like a lot of overhead to me.

Also, I always wondered why postscript wasn't utilized in HTML image and font
rendering. Seems to me that postscript would fit nicely unless I am not
understanding postscript. But now I am OT.

Guess to get back OT I'd just say I loved how Flash handled vector. I could
design in Adobe Illustrator or fireworks, be able to scale what ever size I
wanted and export to flash. It was soo easy on bandwidth as far as my
experiences went with the projects I did. In a world of trying to fit a banner
ad with all it's animations and graphics audio and possibly video under 100K I
utilized vector 8 out of 10 times to reduce file sizes.

Karl

Sent from losPhone