Henrick

I do agree with you that Flash's vector graphics would save a lot of bandwidth. What I meant was that if you download a bitmap the effect on battery life would be the same for Flash, HTML5 and JS, so the argument about Flash didn't stand up.

On this vector vs  bitmaps thing...

For an image with just a single pixel (4 bytes + header) the demand on the CPU would far less than if you used vector data. For an image in which encoding is not used, a single 640x480 image has 307,200 pixels at 4 bytes per pixel = 1MB plus but, of course, you couldn't describe it with vectors. The effect on battery life of this is image dependent, not language dependent.

As far as I can recall, with higher demand the CPU goes faster causing more logical state changes per second and whenever a logical bit changes state the transistors in the chips momentarily pass excess current and that's why the CPU uses more power and gets hot. The same happens with overclocking.

Of course vectors are great for scaled images and if JS and HTML5 don't do those as well as Flash they won't be as good zoomed in.

Anyway, its absolutely wonderful to hear you all again.

John