On 9/18/12 11:04 AM, Tom Gooding wrote:
1) Has anyone on this list shipped anything decent (by this I guess I mean
commercially successful; gave +ve ROI on dev/sales costs) into the AppStore
using AS3/AIR?
Also, I didn't have anything to do with it, but I think the NBC Sports (formerly NBC Olympics) apps are both done in AIR.

2) Has anyone got any practical advice for technology choices for an AS3 / Java
shop looking to do mobile apps / games  (we have a framework using SmartFox
server with AS3 client tech).
Get started with Starling or another Stage3D based framework (through direct rendermode) from the start, and don't bother with CPU or GPU rendermodes.

Kevin N.