From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of valdhor
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2011 1:59 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Flex 4 & CSS

Instead of using mx:Canvas try using s:BorderContainer.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<s:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009";

        xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx">

    <fx:Style>

        .bgImage

      {

            color: #DEDACF;

            contentBackgroundColor: #DEDACF;

            backgroundImage: Embed(BannerBackground.jpg);

            backgroundImageFillMode: repeat;

        }

    </fx:Style>

    <s:BorderContainer width="100%" height="600" styleName="bgImage">

        <s:Label text="CSS Background test" />

    </s:BorderContainer>

</s:Application>