You can always use an image/BitmapImage as one of the children/elements of a
container.  Doing so affects value of numChildren/numElements and potentially
other things in case it matters, and limits re-usability.  If you can do that,
you might as well add it to the skin.

On 8/24/11 5:55 AM, "Davidson, Jerry" <jerry.david...@illinois.gov> wrote:

Thanks.  Now I know.

I still need the effect, so can I put an image out there and write over it
(z-order)?  There would be two lines of text over the image.

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Alex Harui
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2011 11:35 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Re: Flex 4 & CSS

Jerry, the spark theme doesn’t support backgroundImage.  Every capability has a
cost, and we chose not to make the container backgrounds as heavy as the Halo
theme.  It doesn’t matter how many lines of code are in the skin if it doesn’t
include the logic to load and position images.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team