The radio will work with the spur reduction on or off.  Basically, you
can lighten the load on your parallel port and reduce the number of
spurs seen by leaving Spur Reduction at it's default ON position.

However, if you have an offending spur in the passband, you may want to
try to turn it off to move the spur around.

Eric Wachsmann
FlexRadio Systems

Also