Jeff,

I believe the answer lies in the spur reduction algorithm.  This line is
the key:

=
long sr_tuning_word = (tuning_word & ~(0x80007fffffff)) |
0x000080000000; // clear first bit, low 31 bits; set bit 31
=

Setting bit 31 for the spur reduced tuning word (sr_tuning_word) may be
what is keeping it from being a perfect 50MHz on the hardware.

Eric Wachsmann
FlexRadio Systems

ON
> and
> I tune through the point where the FTW ought to be 0x4000... .
>
> 2.  If clock leaks are worse at submultiples of 200 MHz, how does this
> manifest itself?  Again, my panadapter looks fantastic when the
divisor of
> 200 MHz is exactly 4.  It's only as I tune off this point that it
quickly
> degrades.  In other words, at a divisor of exactly 4, clock leakage
(per
> the
> SDR1K's panadapter display, at least) wouldn't seem to be an issue.
>
> 3.  Regarding the 9958 - how does the 10-bit DAC of the 9958 affect
spur
> performance compared to the 9854's 12-bit DAC?  Per my understanding,
even
> if one has chosen FTW's that "zero-out" the phase-remainder (so that
there
> is no phase "quantization error"), there is still an amplitude error
> introduced by the phase-to-amplitude converter's sin/cos conversion of
the
> phase to an amplitude that's 10 or 12 bits wide (depending upon DAC
> resolution), and even with a completely linear DAC and no clock
leakage,
> I'd
> think this should result in spurs, too.  Are these spurs significant?
> (I'm
> just trying to gauge the drawbacks of the 9958 - it's faster, but the
DAC
> resolution is less).
>
> Thanks for any insights you can provide!
>
> - Jeff, WA6AHL

nonlinearities