Great!  Many thanks for the reply, Bob.  Could I ask a few more questions to
try to get a better understanding of what's going on?

1.  Does the SDR software skip the 9854's FTW of 0x4000(+ more zeroes) that
would be used if the DDS chip was set to 50 MHz?  I'm trying to explain to
myself why I don't see the beautiful spur-free spectrum that I see when the
DDS is tuned to *exactly* 50 MHz (receiver tuned to 50.011 plus pocket
change) with Spur Reduction  OFF, compared to when Spur Reduction is ON and
I tune through the point where the FTW ought to be 0x4000... .

2.  If clock leaks are worse at submultiples of 200 MHz, how does this
manifest itself?  Again, my panadapter looks fantastic when the divisor of
200 MHz is exactly 4.  It's only as I tune off this point that it quickly
degrades.  In other words, at a divisor of exactly 4, clock leakage (per the
SDR1K's panadapter display, at least) wouldn't seem to be an issue.

3.  Regarding the 9958 - how does the 10-bit DAC of the 9958 affect spur
performance compared to the 9854's 12-bit DAC?  Per my understanding, even
if one has chosen FTW's that "zero-out" the phase-remainder (so that there
is no phase "quantization error"), there is still an amplitude error
introduced by the phase-to-amplitude converter's sin/cos conversion of the
phase to an amplitude that's 10 or 12 bits wide (depending upon DAC
resolution), and even with a completely linear DAC and no clock leakage, I'd
think this should result in spurs, too.  Are these spurs significant?  (I'm
just trying to gauge the drawbacks of the 9958 - it's faster, but the DAC
resolution is less).

Thanks for any insights you can provide!

- Jeff, WA6AHL