Andy Ross wrote:
> Erik Hofman wrote:
>  > David Megginson wrote:
>  > > Erik Hofman wrote:
>  > > > If I see it right, you could do that in the animation files also
>  > > > by having different factor falues, doesn't it?
>  > >
>  > > Probably, but then the sound wouldn't sync up.
>  >
>  > I could change the pitch a bit (changing factor also).
>
> How does this work currently?  It strikes me that the "right" way of
> doing sounds for these things would be to check the property value to
> see if it is "changing" and just loop the sound until it stops (maybe
> with a start and stop sound to get the spooling up/down whines of the
> flap motors right).  Then you'd get transparent support for planes
> with radically different transition times (747 vs. 172).

Currently I check a property to see if it's zero. There are a few types
supported (like inverted and flipflop). This means evry event needs a
property to tie to. Since the event manager only can handle looped
sounds (not loops inside sounds) it might be better in some
circumstances to have obe file play the whole movement.

The value zero triggers the event. When active the pitch and colume can
be changed by the value of up to five properties. Offsets gets added,
values gets multiplied. After that they're add together to set the
volume or pitch. You can specify a max and a min value, so there can be
very complex algorithms for sound pitch/volume settings already.

> Would it help for the FDM to supply a "moving" flag in the property
> tree?  This actually seems like it would be easier to do by comparing
> with a per-sound "last" value in the sound code, though.

I've not seen any situation which might need it.

Erik