Norman Vine wrote:
> Andy Ross writes:
> > Sure there is.  But the ladder will only work at 1024x768 with the
> > default view direction and field of view.
>
> The current HUD ladder works fine at all resolutions with all view
> directions once you accept the fact that it is a 2D Overlay instrument
> that is designed to have a fixed layout

We're arguing from different definitions.  I want the horizon line to
line up along the horizon, the N degree lines to be N degrees from the
horizon, the glide path indicator to lie along the right glide path,
and the velocity vector to point where the aircraft is travelling.

The existing HUD can only do this at one resolution, one field of
view, and one aspect ratio.  Since these aren't the values that I use
(well, except aspect ratio -- I have a 4:3 monitor like everybody
else), the existing code doesn't "work" for me.  This isn't because
I'm wrong or right, but because I want the code to do different
things.

I'm sorry you don't like my requirements.  I honestly did try to
accomodate yours.  Really.

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA