Erik Hofman writes:

 > I tested this one a bit today and even a LOD of 10000 meters will give
 > good results on the SFO skyscrapers for normal (non clear sky
 > conditions), it has just one drawback: after conversion FlightGear
 > doesn't seem to find the textures anymore:
 >
 > http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=2748130&forum_id=4479

I think that skyscrapers need a visual range of much more than 5 nm.
As far as I understand, we are already cropping out anything beyond
the current visual range, but when visibility is OK, we need to see
skyscrapers from at least 20 nm (~40,000m) away.  They are *extremely*
visible from the air (try flying anywhere near Manhattan, Montreal, or
Toronto, and you'll see what I mean).

All the best,

David

--