Just a few quick commands that will improve the appearance a little:

1) Select everything in object mode, just like it is when you first load the
model in ac3d.

2) Object menu, optimize vertices.

3) Leave all selected, switch to Vertex mode.

4) Vertex menu, select "Snap together by distance".  A value if 0.005 should
be enough so it works and doesn't mess anything up.

5) Back to Object mode.

6) Object menu, optimize vertices again.

7) Object menu, optimize surfaces.

Watch in the 3D view as things get a little better while you do these.  As you
work you can perform the vertex optimizations (on a single object) any time
you merge objects and the surface optimization any time you delete vertices
and a blue line shows up.

I hope this suggestion doesn't come across as impolite.  You are doing *far*
better than I did with AC3D the first few months I had it.  The Fokker is
really looking great!

Best,

Jim