David Megginson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've been deleting the combat thread unread, but I got the impression
> that there was a lot of heated discussion about military stuff.

If you would have read it, then you would have got the impression that
it was far not that heated as you'd expected it to be  ;-)

> also (personally) think we're a little heavy on the warbirds
> (especially U.S.) and would like to see more civilian aircraft,

Although I dislike to see combat features in FlightGear I must admit
that it's quite some fun to fly these birds - there are no civilian
equivalents with that much power and speed ....

Martin.