On 18:49 Tue 25 Nov     , Erik Hofman wrote:
> >So 75x75 textures of these types of surfaces are required, then? I might
> >have a go at these during my attempts at modelling EGNF.  Are there any
> >restrictions to the making of textures that I need to be aware of oether
> >than size and color depth?
>
> Not really. It's something I an to get rid of a long time. What would be
> needed is a tileable (or seamless) texture covering the surface type,
> just like the rest of the textures.
>
> Now that I'm thinking about it, does anybody know if the
> dirt/grass/lakebed runway are modeled directional like the concrete and
> asphalt runways (e.g. the textures would only need longitudinally be
> seamless)?

I've looked at these and the grass textures look like green-tinted gaussian noise.
The dirt runway looks quite like a filter I've seen somewhere before... ;-) It seems
quite reasonable to me but it isn't quite symetrical and the X and Y join lines are
visible up close.

What sort of 'nice textures' are we looking for?  I know this is an odd question to
ask, but a lot of games and sims just can't get grass right and these are by no means
the worst textures I've seen around for this sort of material.  If I get some pointers
to nicer textures I'll do my best to produce similar versions for use under the GPL.

All the best,

Matt