Matthew Law wrote:

I've looked at these and the grass textures look like green-tinted gaussian noise. The dirt runway looks quite like a filter I've seen somewhere before... ;-) It seems quite reasonable to me but it isn't quite symetrical and the X and Y join lines are visible up close.

What sort of 'nice textures' are we looking for? I know this is an odd question to ask, but a lot of games and sims just can't get grass right and these are by no means the worst textures I've seen around for this sort of material. If I get some pointers to nicer textures I'll do my best to produce similar versions for use under the GPL.

For the dirt runway it would be nice to have an irregular border implemented, surrounded by some grass. A bit like this:

http://planet.state.ut.us/slas/kenw/KENW064.JPG

Erik