Vivian Meazza wrote:

> > So to make it short, it seems to work ok. What this change
> > does not address yet is the fact that we can see the ground
> > over overcast layer through the exhaust beam of the hunter. I
> > can try to look at this tonight and cure the --disable-clouds
> > to really disable clouds.
>
> The exhaust plume of the Hunter is a crude simulation - using a nearly
> transparent material. Perhaps there's a better way of simulating the
> exhaust?

No, I don't think of a better way to draw something transparent with
transparent material ;-) The only problem here is that it seems that
the aircraft seems to be drawn before the lower clouds ( although
the source contradict this, but I must be misled - perhaps the exterior
model is in the terrain scene graph ). For better result, transparent
objects must be drawn back to front.

-Fred