Frederic Bouvier said:

> Jim Wilson wrote:
>
> > We first ran into this problem with the old back to front scheme when
> David
> > did the first trees.  But I'm wondering now why the prop disks are a
> problem.
> >  Shouldn't the aircraft model be on the bottom of the stack anyway?
> Generally
> > there's nothing between it and the camera.
>
> The plane is in the same scenegraph than the terrain or other objects,
> except
> clouds. You have to draw them either before ( with terrain clipped or no
> clouds
> between the viewer and the terrain ), or after ( with prop disc problem ),
> or
> both like in the current situation.

We could do it in a separate sg, the only issue would be noticed taxiing
behind a building, etc.  With the triple rendering option it might be good to
do the ac model that way in the default rendering mode.  I don't know,  maybe
it is better to just deselect the transparent aircraft components in the
external view.

Best,

Jim