Ah. Thanks. I'll try that. I was hoping to try and get along with
something slightly less stodgy than Cygwin, though. I was also hoping to
use MSYS so that I didn't need to use Cygwin or a windows IDE to produce
the makefile. I've always thought that Cygwin was a little heavy for
something that should be quite simple :)

Giles