Curtis L. Olson wrote:

> I am going to commit my OpenAL changes to SimGear and FlightGear this
> afternoon.  I haven't seen even one negative comment on OpenAL since I
> first brought this topic up several days ago ... so hopefully everyone
> is on board with this change.
>
> I need help though from the Mac people and cygwin/mingwin people.  What
> are the openal libraries called on these platforms.  At the moment the
> configure script assumes we want to link with -lopenal, but I don't
> expect this to work right for every platform.  I expect there may be a
> couple days of head aches here while we get these platform dependent
> differences ironed out.  Please be patient!

I updated and compiled FG with OpenAL flawlessly. Before I downloaded
the Creative SDK for OpenAL and installed it. The headers are not in
an AL/ directory, just Include, so I created this folder and moved the
files to it.

I added the path to the headers and the libraries in the IDE and
libraries 'OpenAL32.lib ALut.lib' in the flightgear project file.

I was going to report a success because I was able to ear 3 samples
at the same time, but fgfs was unable to stop when I hit ESC then
confirm by clicking OK. The program just hang with the sound still
playing. I killed the program but the sounds are still here. I
also restart FG in the hope it will kill sound at init but they are
still here and rehang and rekill.

I will need to reboot to stop that ILS marker that make me crazy.

Regards,
-Fred