Frederic Bouvier wrote:

What is the right way to exit the main loop, rather than just calling exit() ?

If there is no other option, we need an atexit call.

I put alutExit() before exit(), with a sample playing from a previous run
and the sound created by this instance are shut, the program stop as
expected and my crazy sample is still playing. Rebooting once again...

Fred,

I added an atexit() function to CVS that deletes the "global" class. This should then also delete the soundmgr class which will cause alutExit() to be called.
This might also give us the opportunity to hook in the SDL cleanup function as well.

Regards,

Unique text: 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d