Melchior FRANZ wrote:

> * Frederic Bouvier -- Tuesday 27 April 2004 20:13:
> > Why using the n attribute to specify the axis number ?
>
> Because it's done like that everywhere else? <key>, <engine>, ...
> Consistency shouldn't be sacrificed lightly. Hey, and maybe someone
> wants to define a key differently under Windows. That's possible with
> my patch.  :-)

No, we want to define a key differently according to the
language, but it is another problem. Do you want to add
n_french, n_spanish also ?

Having to modify props_io.cxx to revolve a joystick issue
is what is hurting me at the first place. I don't see a
need to maintain an order in axis bindings. Numbers are
just names here and I don't see a need for consistancy
with engines or keys.

-Fred