Frederic Bouvier wrote:
> No, we want to define a key differently according to the language,
> but it is another problem. Do you want to add n_french, n_spanish
> also ?

You don't map keys according to language.  The '$' key ("keysym", in
X11 lingo) should always create a dollar sign.  Non-US keyboards may
or may not have such a key, but the meaning should never change.

What you are probably thinking about is the fact that the existing
"shift-number" bindings are US-only.  But that's a *bug* with Glut's
metaphor for keys which prevents us from defining a binding for
"Shift-3".  The best we can do is map a binding to "#", which is the
same thing on US keyboards.

The right way to solve this isn't to remap every key for every locale,
but to port to an event metaphor where we can bind a <mod-shift> on a
normal key.  This is a different problem than the joystick bindings,
and shouldn't share the same solution.

Andy