On 4/28/04 at 2:13 PM Frederic Bouvier wrote:

>Erik Hofman wrote:
>
>> David Luff wrote:
>>
>> > ../../src/Environment/libEnvironment.a -lsgclouds3d -lsgrout
>> > e -lsgsky -lsgsound -lsgephem -lsgmaterial -lsgtgdb -lsgmodel
>-lsgtiming
>> > -lsgio -lsgscreen -lsgmath
>> > -lsgbucket -lsgprops -lsgdebug -lsgmagvar -lsgmisc -lsgnasal -lsgxml
>> > -lsgsound -lsgserial -lsgstruct
>> > ure -lsgenvironment -lsgthreads -lpthread -lplibpu -lplibfnt -lplibjs
>> > -lplibnet -lplibssg -lplibsg
>> > -lplibul -lz -lopenal32 -lglut32 -lglu32 -lopengl32 -luser32 -lgdi32
>> > ../../src/Input/libInput.a(input.o.b)(.text+0x3e81):input.cxx:
>undefined
>> > reference to `_joyGetDevCap
>> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]'
>> >
>/usr/local/lib/libsgsound.a(soundmgr_openal.o)(.text+0x19d):soundmgr_openal
.
>> > cxx: undefined reference
>>
>> Could you try moving -lopenal32 to the end of the linker command?
>> As far as I know windows is a bit picky on the library sequence.
>>
>> Also, IRIX needs -laudio somewhere on the line, does Windows needs
>> something similar?
>
>With MSVC, there is a library for ALut : ALut.lib.
>_joyGetDevCaps should be in winmm.lib

OK, winmm fixes everthing except the alut stuff, I'm not sure why that
broke right now but we've had that one before.

The alut stuff is another matter - as far as I can tell only libopenal.a is
built on Linux and that links OK, so why the trouble with Cygwin?.  This is
still the same link error I get with my own compile of the Linux subdir
using Cygwin BTW.  I hate linker errors - I always feel I have a fighting
chance with compile errors, but I've never felt comfortable sorting linker
errors :-(

Cheers - Dave