On Sat, 15 May 2004 13:17:46 -0400
"Ampere K. Hardraade" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On May 15, 2004 01:31 am, Chris Metzler wrote:
> > The problem I have at this point is good source photos.
>
> In my opinion, pictures aren't really that useful.  Sure, they may give
> you information on various details, but when you are modeling something,
> you would find dimensions more helpful.
>
> When you have enough numbers, you won't even need pictures.

Well, I sorta agree.  I do agree that dimensions are the most important
thing -- that all the pictures in the world don't matter if you can't
get the size and proportions of the structure right.  But, OTOH, some
level of detail is important, and you can't get that from numbers.  Back
in 1984, we could get simple buildings lacking detail in  MS Flight
Simulator, and they looked absolutely awful.  Even by standards then,
they looked awful to me.  I'd certainly like them to look something
like the real thing now.

-c

                (remove "snip-me." to email)