Thanks Fred and Vivian
What I have is a full fuselage object that has a texture
with a mask applied to add the transparent windows.
As the fuselage is all one object I cant move it up or
down.
What I will try is to fragment the fuselage and move the surfaces
that will be tranparent to the bottom and re merge the object
and see what happens.
Thanks again
Cheers
Innis

 "Frederic Bouvier"writes

In order to see what is behind a transparent surface, the things behind must be drawn *before* the transparent surfaces. This is true if the non transparent surfaces come before the transparent one in the model. You can do this by reordering part with the modeler ( I think ac3d as a panel to do this ) or by ordering them with animations in the xml file as I describe in a previous thread.

It is sometime hard to have the correct ordering for both sides so
I prefer to have two single-sided object rather than a single
double-sided one. This way, I can tweak ordering independantly for
all view directions. This was especially useful for the bridge that
make a great use of transparent textures ( look at east bay bridge
to see what I mean ).
HTH

-Fred