Are you trying to do the passenger cabin windows or the cockpit windows?

For the cockpit/flightdeck, you're really going to have to model the windows
and frames - this can be tricky work but it's really the only way to get a
decent VC environment.

For the passenger cabin windows, I think it's better not to make them
transparent at all and fake them with a suitable picture or just a colour
shade - usually a simple dark black-blue colour is ok.

The problem with trying to make windows using transparency is that when you
look through the windows from the outside, looking into the fuselage, you'll
be seeing the back-face of the polys making up the other side of the
fuselage.  If you're using single-sided polys the other side of the fuselage
will not be rendered, so you'll see straight through to the land or sky
behind - looks odd.  I can't remember exactly what happens if you use
double-sided polys, but think there were problems with that approach too,
quite apart from increasing the render work-load.

Splitting the fuselage into left and right hand sides only works from one side
- the order is wrong from the other side.

Trying to do the cockpit using transparency brings all the above problems plus
the inevitable 'fade' between transparent and non-transparent objects.

LeeE