* Alex Romosan -- Friday 06 August 2004 21:31:
> and i noticed that the collective is mapped backwards
> (up goes down and down goes up).

Yes, and that's the way it should be and there's no way in hell to have
this changed. If you don't like how helicopters work, don't fly them. There
are enough fixed wing aircrafts.

PLEASE DON'T APPLY!

> also i find PageUp and PageDown to be
> cumbersome, so i mapped the collective to the 1 and 2 keys (so i can
> use my left hand).

Collective is where all aircrafts have the throttle. That's because there's
no alternative for the collective on joysticks other than the throttle.
I don't mind *additional* keys for collective, though.

> http://caliban.lbl.gov/fgfs-heli/index.html

On the positive side: nice screenshots!  :-)

m.