Boris Koenig wrote:
Arnt Karlsen wrote:

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 18:58:16 +0100, Mat wrote in message

I have been asking Getmapping if it is permissible use for people to
buy their CDs and then use the exported image in FG in a personal
flight sim.

..wrong question; IMHO you should have said "_GPL_ flight sim." With
"personal", "open source", "freedom" etc thrown in for good measure to get him hooked. They have allowed "freebee personal but closed
source use", which isn't too useful for GPL Flightgear development.

I think the question in itself is not even 'wrong' it rather resembles
the low expectations of the person who asked ;-)

And I can understand that point, too - ultimately it doesn't feel
that good to ask for a freebie ;-)

He rightfully didn't ask for a freebie. After all it's a commercial product created by thousands and thousands ours of real flights to photograph the whole of the UK.

What he did ask however is if it would be possible for someone to *buy* their CD and use it for personal use in FlightGear, which is granted.

This is really great from the publishers and should be taken for granted!

Erik