Norman Vine wrote:

> Sent: 20 October 2004 21:36
> To: FlightGear developers discussions
> Subject: RE: [Flightgear-devel] status of aircraft carrier
>
> Vivian Meazza writes:
> >
> > Norman Vine
> > >
> > > see SimGear / simgear / math / sg_geodesy
> > > void sgGeodToCart(double lat, double lon, double alt, double* xyz);
> > >

> > Not brilliant though. In the
> > property tree Lat/Lon is in degrees, and altitude in ft, so that's a 2
> step
> > conversion.
>
> Well the Property Tree is designed for users whereas
> the 'C' code is primarily for developers.
>
> But isn't this what NASAL is for :-)

I'm doing it in C++ because I can reuse chunks of code that I wrote for
submodels (not keen on re-inventing wheels), but, yes I think Nasal would be
just as good for this task. I used that for quite a bit of the animation of
the Seafire/Spitfire. I don't know if one would be preferred over the other:
I'm happy to write code in either.

Regards

Vivian