Hi,

I found a way to have a quite realistic looking
reflect-effect on aircraft skins.

The trick is to use multitexture. It is in principale
the same technique like seen in MSFS without any hits
on fps.
Unfortunately I did not found yet a comfortable way to
controll it- so I modified the chrome-texture.
But I'm sure there is a way somewhere in OSG- maybe
someone can help.

I did a small .tar.gz with a example file and a small
note. Copy the files to the A380 and you will see the
effect.

http://www.hoerbird.net/fgfs-screen-457.jpg
http://www.hoerbird.net/fgfs-screen-456.jpg
http://www.hoerbird.net/fgfs-screen-458.jpg

http://www.hoerbird.net/osg-reflect-effect-example.tar.gz

It is only a simple hack- so it can be improved
easliy.

Greetings
HHS

      Heute schon einen Blick in die Zukunft von E-Mails wagen? Versuchen SieĀ“s
mit dem neuen Yahoo! Mail. www.yahoo.de/mail