On Sunday 27 July 2008 21:24, James Turner wrote:

> Incidentally, a minor rant - even in the past week, I've seen the 'XXX
> is being worked on, person YYY has lots of changes which they haven't
> committed for arbitrary (justifiable) reason ZZZ'. I'd like to get
> involved in hacking on some actual user-visible changes (see a future
> email for that), but right now I'm struggling to get a handle on, for
> example, which bits of the OSG code are being worked on and which
> aren't.

Yes, it seems like a lot the old school developers have gone into hibernation.
I know first hand that a number of previously active developers are reluctant
to contribute, due to a disproportionate amount of unconstructive negative
criticism bestowed upon them by a small number of people on this list.
Unfortunately, a significant proportion of well intended new contributers has
undergone the same fate.

Maybe this is a good opportunity to mention that I'm really pleased to see a
number of familiar names frequently reappear on the list (you, Erik, Fred). I
hope the rest of the old schoolers will follow. I also hope that this will be
the return to a more open discussion of key development issues and the
development of a new vision for the future of FlightGear. I also hope that
this might be the start of a return to the nice friendly, cooperative and
friendly place that this list once was.

Cheers,
Durk