Hi,

Though I prefer an official release, I can live with beta release so we can
avoid killing Durk ;-)
I guess it is a good to have a release (in either official or beta) since we
can have lots of feedback reports that will improve the quality of FG for the
scheduled release in the next Christmas. I also want to add that we have enough
features and bug-fixes for beta release. Shader effects and generic input
device are in progress, but I guess we can improve these by FSWeekend (or
Christmas).

I get lots of feedback reports from Mac users on every official release, but I
have less than ten for every snapshot release. So cutting a release is more
effective on Mac platform in terms of collecting feedback reports.

By the way, is the version number going to be 1.9.2? I think it should be
1.10.0 since it is not a maintenance release.
If we are going to have shadow effect working by Christmas, then we could go to
2.0.0.

Best,

Tat