Scott Hamilton wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-10-20 at 21:02 +0000, Martin Spott wrote:

>> Whenever/whatever people are going to do about adding authentication
>> support to MP servers, if they'd consider adding an interface which is
>> capable of talking to an LDAP directory service (inetOrgPerson LDAP
>> Object Class would be minimum requirement), then I'd offer to install
>> and maintain the _technical_ part of the authentication backend (but
>> I'll most certainly leave the organizational role to someone else  ;-)

> While we are talking about Authentication, I'd really like to see a
> federated authentication mechanism such as SAML or OpenID. Having direct
> access to an LDAP server just feels like it a bad idea in the long term,
> either by scalability/capacity or by opening up access rights.

I've been making this offer because I'm familiar with the software, the
technique involved, its benefits in general, its versatility in
particular, its quirks as well as scalability concerns.

If people feel like biasing decisions by shouting each other down, then
I'm happily going to observe the process as a spectator.

Have fun,
        Martin.