Christian Schmitt wrote

> Vivian Meazza wrote:
>

> > The main problem is that the taxiway textures expose the workaround that
> > we use because we don't (yet) have curved taxiways. The concrete colour
> > does not blend with the old texture, which is still used for aprons
> etc.,
> > and the edge and centre lines also serve to emphasize the problem. Here
> > are a couple of examples.
>
> I really don't see the problem here. The new textures look nicer as they
> have a slightly different colour than the apron. This looks more like
> planes
> are taxiing there and leave some tire traces behind.
>
> > Note the lack of stopways. Presumably something went wrong with the
> merge.
> > See how every segment of the taxiways is obvious. The colour of the
> grass
> > is probably a matter of opinion, but note how it fails to merge with the
> > surrounding textures, exposing the cut-in edge of the airfield. I'm very
> > sorry, but IMO this all looks rather unprofessional. I would not wish to
> > release this as it stands.
> >

> The stopways still work for me here, so there is maybe something wrong in
> your fgdata?
> The taxiways in your screenshot surely look ugly but that's more due to
> the
> fact that they are not correctly ordered in the apt.dat file. It's not a
> problem of the new textures.
> I'm sorry, but I can't reproduce those problems here

Yes they do look ugly, because the new textures expose problems that are
hidden by the old ones. Here are some more:

ftp://abbeytheatre2.org.uk:2121/flightgear/Terrain/KSFO-Textures.jpg
ftp://abbeytheatre2.org.uk:2121/flightgear/Terrain/KSFO-Textures-1.jpg
ftp://abbeytheatre2.org.uk:2121//Terraflightgearin/KSFO-Textures-2.jpg

These are not ordering problems - these are errors. And they are not in any
old airport which I happened to find - they are at KSFO. Who is going to
find and correct all these errors? I think these errors, while minor, give
our primary airport an unacceptable appearance, and make the sim look
unprofessional. We have enough errors and omissions in our airports without
actually introducing more

I have absolutely up-to-date data and source from Git here - still no
stopways. Is your data up-to-date? But I suspect that the error is local,
since there are no other reports of this problem.

Vivian