> Unless there are any objections, I intend to push Emilian's and my work
> to Git later today.

Has been working fine for me the last days - no problems with dds
textures, and I've been using your reworked texture sheets as basis to
generate the regular m x n structures needed for Stuart's system.

> I appreciate that it will likely be overtaken by events,
> and hopefully will be only be a short term fix.

It may still be a while until everything is fully in place - I can
generate and remove various clouds by now (the easier ones...), but I
don't really have long-range functionality yet, no cloud evolution in
altitude or texture, still some problems with shading - expect a month or
two for a proper release at least, althoug maybe some experimental version
earlier.

* Thorsten