> Meanwhile - at the cheap end of the market, Emilian and I have cleaned up
> most of the textures, made some of the AC3D models single-sided,
> reordered
> the objects, provided unique names, and converted everything to .dds.
>
> This has much improved loading/unloading, and given a much better
> appearance
> when panning the view. Flicking on/off of clouds has pretty much been
> eliminated. There is still a bit of a problem reloading in fly-by view,
> but
> it is much improved. Some weirdness near the zenith has also been fixed.
>
> Available here:
>
> https://gitorious.org/weather_textures/weather_textures
>
> I have managed to break non-detailed clouds along the way, but hey - you
> can't have everything.

Thanks to both of you for the work! I had some trouble getting it
yesterday (lousy internet connection...) - I'm getting the package as I
write this mail and will have a look soon.

Maybe I can also figure out the problem with the simple Cu clouds - I'm
not attached to them as such, but they are handy for the edges of Sc
layers... so I don't really want to lose them.

* Thorsten