From: HB-GRAL
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 12:07 AM
To: FlightGear developers discussions
Subject: [Flightgear-devel] Mapping Airspace

Hi all

To improve our map resources with further data I started an experiment
with free available airspace data. Actually this is far from being a
good map and finished design, it is just a start to implement
(unofficial!) airspace information:
http://maptest.fgx.ch/navaid.html

I need probably some advice from real pilots around here for what is
useful to map for FlightGear airspace, and how this should be displayed.
I think I am aware of regular ICAO graphics definitions etc. But I dont
want to design well known (and also free available) maps, I just want to
develop a design as a "overview" and some really necessary items i.e.
for learning the basics or whatelse. There is no RFC for what I am doing
here, I am just playing around with data and an new Mapnik Server and
ask for discussion and contribution.

(Notice, my new signature since I send this links to the list and
elsewhere: Please do not use any of this material for real navigation!
NEVER. Do only use this to help developing and improving the design of
my maps ;-).

Cheers, Yves