Ok so I think that I am making some progress here, but what I really need to
do is 'register a listener',  so that my code can be called for updating the
dynamic texture.

I have looked, but I am not too sure what to register my object as a
listener with, can anyone point me in the right direction?

I can see that in 'groundradar' there are two listeners registered, one with
radar-range and one with airport, but what i really need is to have my code
called continuously as part of the osg::frame!

Any help would be appreciated,

Robbo