Hi,

Thanks for your replies with regards to this subject.

It is all starting to make some sense now.  If I understand correctly then, the
C++ module generates an in-memory texture that the xml files reference for
displaying within the OSG tree.  This texture is being continually re-generated
to provide a 'dynamic texture'!

Can I assume that this this is the standard way to generate dynamic graphical
information on screen?

Essentially what I am looking to do is create some instruments of my own with
some detailed generation of graphical entities that are being continually
updated.  I am therefore assuming that a 'dynamic texture' is the way to go
with this.  If there is another way, perhaps better, then I am open to
suggestions!

Regards,

Robbo