Hi everybody,
I have been doing recently some terrain textures experiments, mainly using
aerial imagery from USGS and some personal photographs. I have managed to get
a number of high resolution textures, and was wondering what the official
policy is regarding terrain, and whether they would be eligible to be added to
the main repository as is, or whether there is an alternative repository just
for texture work.

This forum thread contains screenshots of some of these new textures:
http://www.flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14254

Cheers,
Adrian