Hi,

FWIIW I would opt for version 2.8

Concerning Rembrandt, it does not work on either
of my 2 ATI cards - Radeon HD 2600 XT, running Ubuntu
64-bit, and Windows Vista 32-bit, and a Radeon HD 7700
series, in Windows 7 64-bit. I think I have tried all
the options mentioned here...

On the 2600 I usually see the corner buffer images,
but no shadows. On the 7700 even no corner images,
and after a certain time the card driver FAILS! I get
a black screen, but thankfully it auto-recovers ;=()

Oh, and I get about a 50%+ drop in frame rate... and
at low viewing angles get flashing lime green over
the foreground...

So yes, for sure mention Rembrandt, but clearly mark it
as in development ;=))

Is there a list anywhere of cards/drivers it DOES
work on? If not too expensive maybe I would buy
and try one ;=)) I seem to remember someone mentioning
such a listing...

On converting a/c, as I think someone mentioned why
or how can this be done if the results can not be
seen on his system! Sort of chicken and egg story...

And for the 2.8 release, assume the MULTIPLE warnings
will be 'removed', or suppressed, namely -

Failed to create beacon for unknown runway 'KONT 26L OM'
and about 28 more like this...

Image "C:/FG/fgdata/Textures/Water/waves-ver10-nm.dds"
uses compressed textures which cannot be supported on some systems.
Please decompress this texture for improved portability.
and about 6 more like this...

We should not need to air this dirty washing on a release
product ;=))!

Regards,
Geoff.