On Thursday 14 March 2002 09:27, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>. . .
> I think that a SAXrenderer could be the solution. SAX is based on
> calling a method when a tag begin-content-end is reached. It can be
> used to communicate the Area Tree to the renderer in a clean way,
> whith a standard interface.
>. . .

Won't work I think, print-based layout (as opposed to structure-based)
requires two-way communication between the layout engine and the
renderer (to compute the width text runs, for example).

--
 Bertrand Delacrétaz (codeconsult.ch, jfor.org)

 buzzwords: XML, java, XSLT, cocoon, mentoring/teaching/coding.
 disclaimer: eternity is very long. mostly towards the end. get ready.