Hi, Keiron

I think what I should do is establish a section on the website with all the
other design notes that is a central location for these kinds of studies.
This could be the first one. I can undertake to start churning these out on
a fairly regular basis - I think we need them.

Once they are in CVS then it would be easier for others to annotate them,
modify them, and what have you. We'll have to settle on a mutually agreeable
figure format so as not to unduly restrict access.

As far as the spec goes, absolutely, I agree. That's why I think that these
diagrams help so much - in order to draw them you must work your way through
the spec in detail. The process also exposes any gotchas before too much
code has been written based on different assumptions.

I'll proceed on the above basis and set up a place for these
diagrams/studies, and crank out some more. I am somewhat reluctant to do any
coding at the moment until such a time (hopefully not far away) where I am
satisfied that I understand the new design well.

Arved