Arved,

This is a good idea. I half-heartedly suggested as much to Matthew
Huggett when he asked what a non-programming technical writer might
contribute. It requires too deep an insight into the spec, but he (or
Cyril) may of some assistance to you.

What would be even more generally useful would be to get the spec
editors to put up a site, possibly with disclaimers plastered all over
it, to which they post FAQs on the spec. They must get a lot of
repeating questions from the various parties who are trying to
implement. I'm not subscribed to the xsl-editors mailing list (which I
suppose I should be.) Is anyone else subscribed? If so, have requests
like this been made before?

Peter