On 04.10.2007 16:39:05 Chris Bowditch wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>
> > Ok, I agree that renderer-resolution is a good name if we need a
> > per-renderer setting for the resolution. But applying Adrian's patch
> > #43041 would leave the codebase in a strange situation where you have to
> > configure the AFP renderer through the renderer setting and the TIFF/PNG
> > renderers through target-resolution. And that just begs for confusion.
> >
> > I guess I still have a problem where to draw the line between
> > target-resolution and renderer-resolution, for example when looking at
> > the PDF renderer.
>
> Well if the renderer-resolution is specified for PDF then it overrides
> the target-resolution. Otherwise the PDF renderer should use
> target-resolution as it does now.

Yes, that works for PDF, but for AFP, the default resolution is 240 dpi.
Not specifying a renderer-resolution would make the default resolution
72 dpi from the target-resolution. I guess I'll just add a check to see
if the target-resolution is on the default value in which case AFP would
still use 240 dpi.

> I think a per renderer resolution is needed because users are likely to
> want to treat AFP differently to Tiff output. I don't think it is
> acceptable to require a separate configuration file depending on whether
> you want to generate AFP or Tiff etc.

I can agree with that.

Thanks a lot,