Hi Andreas,

2008/11/25 Andreas Delmelle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Adrian, just a small FWIW: Chris has drawn the right conclusion, I think.
> No need to take any of the questions/remarks personal (even though I
> understand this is difficult after the time you've spent on perfecting the
> code in that branch).

Its not been so much perfecting, its been more a matter of trying to clean
up the mess that I inherited, trying to eliminate as much copy/paste,
hardcoded definitions as possible and reuse existing functionality where
possible without breaking anything.  This was confounded by the strict
binary data structure of AFP, extensive and somewhat ambiguous
documentation, and generally poor availability of datastream analysis tools.

OTOH, I feel compelled to mention that attempting to kill a raised,
> perfectly legitimate issue in an unreasonable way (by taking it to be a
> personal offense), may alienate some people...
> From a diplomatic viewpoint, not a very sound move to make right before you
> decide to launch a vote. :/

I wasn't in anyway trying to kill the raised issue, I just chose the option
that I believed at the time would involve the least amount of change and
provide the quickest solution to the problem.  I believe now that all
interested parties should feel satisfied with the concluding result to issue
raised.

Adrian.