When I build the project or part of it with Eclipse, and run findbugs
afterwards (with ant), I get a number of errors. Now I always make a
clean compile before running findbugs. I do not understand why Eclipse
builds would create findbugs errors where a clean ant build does not.
It makes findbugs seem fickle.

I just tested it. With 'ant clean findbugs' I get 0 errors and
warnings. With eclipse clean and build project, I get 23 low priority
warnings.

Simon